Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Margie McCormack Amazing Testimony

Brothers and sisters this is a must read!!!! PRAISE JESUS FOR THIS!!!! BE BLESSED!!!!...PART 1...margie said this....Lisa Moeller has requested I post my testimonyso here goes:


I guess I need to start when I was savedApril 15, 1978, I had gone to church to see a play. The play portrayed several people on a plane and the plane ended up crashingseveral people were hurt and several others died in the crashthose who survived told their stories about why they believe they lived and that God was holding them in His hands. Each of them gave a testimony that was so awe inspiring that there were many saved that night. I became so humble that God was willing to give His Son, Jesus Christ, so that I could live. 


I loved Him even when I was involved in an accident with a train in January, 1979. My two friends and I landed in the back yard of my brother’s home. We were rushed to the emergency room where I was placed in traction and was told I would never be able to walk again nor would I be able to conceive a child and if I did conceive I would never be able to carry that child to termI loved Him even as He helped me to learn to walk again, which was a very difficult time. 


I lived my life for Christ thereafter, even though my mother was a devout Jehovah’s Witness and my father, Southern BaptistI wasn’t able to maintain my own thoughts because the influences from my parents were so strong. It was difficult believing that God could love us that much, 


Soin 1979, I moved in with a friend of mine and worked until I met my husband in 1980. We met St. Patrick’s day and were married July 2 of the same year. There was such an attraction there that we knew immediately that we were soul mates. God saw to it that I would have everything I needed in that relationshipeven my own sonage 3 who came with his father. 


We were togetherhappilyand one day he was helping a dear friend of ours move an auto body by loading it on a two-wheeled trailer. While my husband and his friend were driving along the highway on the way back home, the friend noticed that the tire on the driver’s side of the trailer was starting to go flathe pulled to the right side of the road to change the tire, being as far over on the shoulder of the road would allow. There was a 300 foot drop off on the right side of the road so they had to be very careful walking on the passenger side of the vehicles. While they were trying to change the tire, a rv was coming up behind them swerving toward the shoulder of the roadmy husband stuck his head out from between the vehicles and as he did, the driver of the rv literally swerved into him, connecting the passenger mirror with the left side of my husband’s headsucking him from between the vehicle and trailer and literally dragging him 60 feet before other motorists could get the rv driver stopped. By that time, my husband was pronounced dead at the sceneMy son and I were waiting for him to return so that we could go to church that evening. 


Even before the sheriff arrived, I knew something was wrong because I developed a massive migraine in the left side of my head. I thought I was dying and I didn’t know whythe sheriff then shows up to give me and my son the bad news. He was so very nice to take us to the church where everyone had already been notified of the accidentI was loved on so much. 


As time went forward from there, I began drinking. I couldn’t make myself get up in the morning without first having a drink. I knew I was becoming addicted to alcohol, but at that time, I didn’t careI would drive drunk, work under the influence, and even try to take care of my son, the whole time totally drunk. 


Then it hit memy son’s biological mother decided she wanted custody of him. I was fighting the insurance company of the rv driver, I was fighting to keep my son, and I was also fighting for my own life at this point. I turned away from Godhow could I love and trust Someone who had allowed all of this to happen to meI became very self-centered and was in no way going to allow Him to lead me through this situation. I would drive out into fields, get out of my car and scream, cuss and swear at God because He allowed this. I finally settled the lawsuit with the insurance company, used the same attorney who helped with that to help me fight for my son. When we got to court on the day of the hearing, his biological mother was there. The court went through several witnesses asking them who they thought would be the better parent. Finally, the Judge called the biological mother up on the standher testimony was all about the money. When I told her she would only receive a small amount due to other children of my husband, she opted to walk away and set up a visitation. She contacted me to meet him one time and never showed up. My son has hard feelings toward her, and for whatever reason, he has not spoken to me for several yearsnot sure what he is feeling there, but I know God will work miracles through this to get to my son in His own time.


I continued to drink after the court order was signedI was more a closet drinker than one out in public. I would sit home watching tv with my son and had a constant drink in my hand. 


One day, I was home alone and I had been drinkingI felt I had had enough and there was no reason for me to go forward from thereso I turned on my oven (without the pilot light lit) and laid my head on the oven door. There I was for, I don’t know how long, when I vaguely heard a knock on the doorI remained where I was thinking the person will go awayinstead, the door opened and I was dragged out of the house. This person ran back inside, opened all the windows, turned off the oven and came back out and sat holding me in her arms. We both sat there cryinga total stranger and myself. I did not know where she came from or who told her I was in need of someoneshe and I became very close friendswe went through my trying to stop drinking, her losing her fiance in an automobile accident, me trying a second time to commit suicide. 


I still kept my back turned on God even though I knew He was there somewhere in the background. It was coming up on my birthday the 2nd year after my husband’s deaththere were several of us from work going out to have a drink to celebratethat night I met someone and somehow got back to my house with himwhen I awoke the next morning, he was there and all I could do was drag him out of my back door, throwing his clothing after himI got in the shower and I think that was the longest shower I had ever taken…


While in the shower, I began praying to God, how sorry I was for everything I had done without Him in my lifeI was so riddled with guilt that I literally fell to my knees and prayed that He forgive me. By the time I got out of the shower, I felt relieved, content and restored. I never wanted another drink, I had no withdrawals, and I found out 2 months later I was pregnant. 


Remember, I was told after the train accident that I would never conceive or if I did, I would never be able to carry to term. I told my ob/gyn what had happened many years before and he referred me to another physician who told me that I would have to be on bed rest until after the baby was born…


So, I’m laying in the hospital when one of my family members calls me and tells me that my cousin had been killed in an automobile accident…the doctor refused to allow me to leave the hospital to go to the funeral…my son who was due May 20 (my father’s birthday) wasn’t ready, his lungs weren’t fully developed…so the doctor continually stopped my labor and contractions…telling me he wanted my son to be in the womb until his lungs were fully developed…so, on June 1, the doctor began inducing labor…I prayed to God that I not feel the pain of child birth…because due to the back injury an epidural was not an option. Finally, after 42 hours of labor, unable to feel the contractions, but watching the spikes on the monitor, the doctor ordered a c-section. My son was born 1:42pm on June 3, 1987. 


I still loved God even after everything that had happenedI wanted to regain His trust, His grace and most of all His love. I tried to keep myself in His grace, although it was hard at the time, but managed to do so without a lot of effort.

I prayed several days, weeks, and finally decided to move back to the Springfield, Missouri area where my family lived. So, my brother and my cousin, bring a trailer and help me load everything and managed to be on the road before nightfall. I moved with my two sons into a trailer home between Springfield and Republicit was the first part of January 1988. Everything seemed to be leveling out for meI was wanting to go to college, I had childcare with my mother who adored the boys, and I was employed with a not-for-profit organization part time. Toward the end of the month, my son’s and I got up, had breakfast and left for church. My life couldn’t have been better.

As we are dismissing from church, several people standing around out in front of the building, watched in horror as a fire truck passed with light and sirens blaring. We were all visiting, when I finally get the kids loaded into the vehicle and left for homejust to pull in at my mobile home to find it completely engulfed in flames. The fire truck was there as was the fire marshall. The mobile home was a complete loss…

Still, I loved GodHe made sure that the boys and I were out of the home before it caught fire. 

My boys and I moved in with my mother until I could get another place to liveand get furniture to fill the home. Everything came togethergot an apartment, was given furniture and clothingstill working, continued to go to church with a prayer on my lips every time I left that I would be able to come home that wasn’t destroyed by fireI continued to believe that God would see to it that never happened again.

In 1990, I began dating a man who I had known since he was 16...when I met and married my husbandwe decided to move in together. Between the two of us we had 3 boysthe joys of my life especially since I was told I wouldn’t be able to have any. God was so good that He blessed me with 3! 

This relationship lasted about 7 yearswe were talking about getting married. One day I came home early from work not feeling well, and caught him with another man….no indication that he was bisexual at all. I lost control and went after him and the other man with a baseball batswinging and not caring if I connected or nothe left. Approximately six months later, I was informed that he was HIV+. I was beside myself with fear, hatred and serious anger toward him. I finally found out where I could go to have blood work taken and the test run. The doctor told me I would need to come in every six months for seven years (the incubation period) to make certain I was not infected. 

I have gone the last 15 years with just myself and my youngest sonI hated who I had becomesomeone who was suspicious of everyone who wanted anything to do with me, friendship, dates, or relatives, they were all after me for something I couldn’t give. I began feeling like God had turned His back on me. I began thinking that He wanted nothing to do with me because of what I had been through. So I walked away…

About 4 years ago, this man who I had been involved with asked my nephew to let me know his mother had passed away and he wanted me to come to the funeral. I prayedI prayed and I prayed some morefinally I told my nephew if he was going, I would go with him. This was the first time I had spoken with my former paramour since the altercation with him and the other man in my home. There were several of us who opted to go out to get something to eat after the funeral service. Somehow, I got placed next to my ex and we started talking. He tried explaining everything, I told him not the time or placehe informed me there would probably be no other chanceto which I agreed. He asked me to listen and he would try to explain everythinghow he had feelings for men before he and I were ever together, but he was trying to live up to what his father expected of himI just told him to take responsibility for his actions and I would accept him for what or who he was. 
Almost 2 years ago, his significant other was killed in a motorcycle accident. He called my nephew and had him ask me to come to the funeral. So, again I gave in and wentagain, going out to eat after the service and getting placed by my ex again. He began talking and he said that there wasn’t anyone else he wanted to have aroundmy brick wall still protects my heart even today. He and I have become friends and after two and a half years, he is now going to church with me every Sunday. 

In 2009, when the economy cause many layoffs by employers, I became unemployed. I lost my job, I lost my home and I was homeless as my unemployment income wasn’t enough to afford housing on my own. My son and his wife, and my beautiful granddaughter, had been living with me also. My son and his inlaws’ didn’t get along, so he and his wife split up with her taking my granddaughter away from me. 

I remain homeless at this time, but I believe God has a plan for me. I have been attending church every Sunday and attending small groups which are designed to help a person grow closer to God. I have come full circlealthough I am still without a home of my own, I have a roof over my head, I have an alternate plan as I have been accepted for online classes and have a special friend who has been there for me when I need one. God has granted many prayers for meI just had to learn how to listen for His voice. He has given me NOT born this way as a support system above and beyond the influences I receive from all my friends at church. I have many special people in my life and I had to learn that during all the bad times in my life, I wasn’t walking that path aloneI was being carried by the Most Amazing Father, the Closest of Brothers Jesus Christ and a Holy Spirit who was there to turn the mess I had made of my life into a beautiful Garden of beautiful flowers. I cannot tell you how much it means that God would do that for methat He would give His Son’s life so that I could live in Himthat He would save my sinful soul and forgive me over and over when my sinful nature would take over. God has been there during the worst times of my life and now things are looking up and God is still here. He makes me want to face myself in the mirror. He makes me feel like I can accomplish anything set before me. He makes me want to love others and be a prayer warrior for Him. He makes me feel love like I have never felt before. He makes me want to love others the way He loves me. He makes me want to shout from the mountain tops how much I love Himand yes He makes me want to do everything for Him. My rewards are many for the little I doI can never come close to the loving Him the way He loves me. 

This is my testimonyI have never told part of it to anyone. But I think it is time that the whole story be told. God is my best friendHe is my confidantHe is my Salvation, my Brother, Father, Lover, Friend. He is everything to me.

Margie

2 comments:

  1. Wow my friend, my sister in Christ your life story is quite amazing and has really touched the deepest part of my heart. I am so very proud of you for 'crying out to Jesus' because He, and He alone is our Hope! Without HOPE, where would we all be?

    The trials and tribulations you have endured, I see (read) Jesus in and all over you Margie! His character burned into your life. You have been refined by the Refiners Fire, for 'Such a time as this!!!'

    We are entering a time in history such as we have never seen before and it makes me so very grateful for the all the trials, tribulations, sorrow, devastation and tragedy I have experienced in my own life. You and I both know 'hard times', we have learned even through our running from God, how to truly run TO Him now. For that I am forever grateful! Our Yeshua is so abundant in grace and mercy! You my friend, are a trophy of His Love! Thank you for your genuine honesty and transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was heartbreaking to read your testimony..but at the end of it I could sense there is peace, submission and humility on your end..God bless you Margie and may His light shine upon you and give you joy and peace in serving Him and doing His will :)

    ReplyDelete